Friday, April 22, 2016

Can I Get A Whoop Whoop? Getting There, Slowly...

Hi, all!

Wow!  Friday again, already?  Where does the time go?  This has been such a busy week, and as you are reading this, I am visiting the AQS quilt show in Paducah (commonly known as Quilt City, USA!)  



That meant a really quick week for me, because everything has to be crammed into just a few days.  But it's been a productive few days, thankfully, and I can go to Paducah with a clear conscience and have fun!  I think you can count on me going off my diet and doing this...


...because, hey, it benefits the Boy Scouts!  Ice cream, fresh strawberries, shortcake, and whipped cream - it doesn't get any better than that, believe me!  Just what you need to restore your soul while resting your tired feet after a morning of wandering around the vendors and exhibits....

Ok, enough of that - I'm drooling, and it's making for a messy keyboard.  So here's what I've been working on this week...

Five days ago, I set up my whiteboard to reflect the five quilts I needed to piece and quilt in the next nineteen days.  As of yesterday, I can say that it now looks like this...


...because THIS happened this week!


Next week will obviously be filled with back-making, quilting and binding, but I'm so happy that all five tops are ready to go!  That was a huge weight off my shoulders.  I'll be delivering these (and more) two weeks from today, so I think I've got plenty of time to finish them.  Whoop whoop!!!

*&*&*&*&*&*&*

And now it's your turn!

What's got you whooping it up this week?


What's making you dance a little happy dance?

Share - we want to dance with you -
Because it's always more fun to dance with friends!

The party will stay open until Sunday midnight - 

Hope to see you there!

Hugs!

Sarah

20 comments:

  1. I just have a couple quick questions...
    Is the quilt on your title picture, above, one that you made? Is it a postcard quilt? Do you have a full picture of it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you have had a productive week, you are so organised. I will add a whiteboard to my ever-growing list for my sewing room (I am just so excited about it). You are so lucky going to Paducah, I would love to visit some of the big quilt shows in the USA but the cost would be prohibitive just now, and think of how much fabric I could get for the price?
    With smiles
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paduchah sounds wonderful - thanks for hosting the linkup.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the linky party! I enjoyed seeing the Orange Peel notation, too, that's on my list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great quilts! You had a productive week. Have fun in Paducah!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you have a blast in Paducah. I'm sure there is a ton to take in and see. That strawberry shortcake looks pretty yummy...drooling. From the looks of the picture with the 5 quilt tops, you've been pretty productive. Whoop!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have fun in Paducah! Nothing better than strawberry shortcake and BSA is a great cause, said the mother of three Eagle scouts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Five quilts in five months would be an amazing accomplishment for me Sarah. Wow - you are a miracle worker to do five in nineteen days!
    I hope you are right now having the most wonderful time in Paducah! I wish I could be there hanging out with you. It would be a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  9. have fun at Paducah wish I was going I will be missing it for the 4th year in a row and I'm only 6 hours away!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Paducah! I'm glad you could go and enjoy all the quilts, vendors, creativity, and inspiration. Hope you got to the museum too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You get so much done. What an inspiration you are :-)
    Hope Paducah is really fun and inspiring! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are amazing - five tops in a week! Have fun in Paducah.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Have a great time in Paducah! If the stawberries benefit the Boy Scouts, I'd buy two! Five in Five, way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats to five tops! Feels good doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, you really pushed this week, but it's nice to go away without having that hanging over you. Now I really want some strawberries and whipped cream, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! 5 quilts pieced in a week! That is huge accomplishment. All are quite lovely too! The green and brown caught my eye since I recently made a quilt using those colors. Great combo. Oh have a great time in Paducah. I attended one several years back. I have a brother-in-law that lives only 20 minutes away. Of course you have to help those Boy Scouts out and it is such a delicious way!

    ReplyDelete
  17. 5 quilts in 19 days? And you finished making the tops in a week?! Wow, that IS quite an accomplishment! It's always nice to enjoy time without worrying about things that need to get done, so bravo on your accomplishments this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That looks like a great weeks production! I do love it when a goal is met. You are well on the way! Hope you're having fun in KY!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!