Friday, February 19, 2016

Can I Get A Whoop Whoop? A Little Bit of This And That...

Hi, all!

It's Friday again!  It's warm outside, and the sun is shining!!  That's definitely worth a whoop whoop - I hope you're enjoying something similar wherever you are.  Are you ready to get your craft-y whoop whoop on?  Let's get started!


*&*&*&*&*&*&*

First up, let's do a little whooping for 
Savannah's Sweet 16 Sock Drive!  


As of two days ago, the count of socks received was 10,842!! The sock drive runs through next Monday, and I can't wait to see the final total.  You can follow the progress on her Facebook Page - Savannah's Sweet 16 Sock Drive!

*&*&*&*&*&*&*

On the sewing front, I've been working on a lot of different things, and not finishing much of anything - but I did make this fun quilt back using up the scraps that I trimmed off of the Polaroid blocks!


And I finished assembling two weighted blankets today.  Tomorrow I'll be making the weights to go in them, and the covers.  Paying work rocks!!


And I received an exciting package today from Connecting Threads - some great prints from Tiger Lily by Heather Ross and a re-stashing of basic cream solid!  I can't wait to play with the Tiger Lily fabric - it's so cute!


*&*&*&*&*&*&*

And finally, I had a great response to my Wednesday blogpost...


...and it appears that there is a lot of interest in having a challenge to encourage us to deal with all those scraps that are multiplying like bunnies in the nooks and crannies of our studios!  I'll be pulling this together over the next couple of weeks, with the first post on Wednesday, March 2nd.  I'll start then with an honest look at the state of scraps in my own studio - yikes!!  
Stay tuned - it's going to be exciting!

So - - - can I get a whoop whoop??

*&*&*&*&*&*&*

And now it's your turn!

What's got you whooping it up this week?


What's making you dance a little happy dance?

Share - we want to dance along with you -
And it's always more fun to dance with friends!

The party will stay open until Sunday midnight -

Hope to see you there!

Hugs!

Sarah


15 comments:

  1. I've been watching the sock drive oh Facebook and was thrilled when the count went over 10,000. I am resisting fabric - at least for another couple of months. BUT CT's next thread sale - I have a list to restock.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one huge total of socks. I haven't bought anything in a while myself but I need to get my hands on the newer Kate Spain lines. I just can't go without getting at least some.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's wonderful news about the sock drive! You're so brave, I would never do an honest look at my scraps, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Over 10,000 socks! That is wonderful! I am looking forward to the scrap busting. Thanks for link-up parties!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Who can resist Heather Ross fabrics? Not me! Looking forward to Wednesdays in March.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope those socks just keep rolling in. Love your back! Have fun with the Heather Ross.

    ReplyDelete
  7. congrats on the socks! a question: how do you like the fabric you get from Connecting Threads are you always pleased with it?

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's great on the sock drive! Scrap buster sounds fun! I love the quilt back! Thank you for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that backing with the writing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sarah you are one awesome lady! Thanks for your heart of love for people. And thanks for doing the stash challenge! I need that really bad! I look forward to the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the idea of a scrap challenge...I am in!!!
    I used to have my scraps under control but I just moved and started a part time job and lost all control of everything. Things are settling down and really need to get a handle on it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't wait to see what you do with the Tiger Lily fabric. I bought a Fat Eighth bundle for a baby quilt, but not sure of the pattern yet.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really like the Tiger Lily fabric. Love Tiger Lilies period! They take me back to my grandma's farm and my childhood, and not so far back to happy camping days with my husband and daughters. Isn't Connecting Threads terrific?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wowzers that's a lot of socks! I love it! I sent some some over the knee cuties. That Tiger Lily fabric is adorable! And I agree...paying work does rock! Thanks for the link up!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fantastic quilt back! Gotta love paying work:) That is some yummy new fabric...I must resist! Will be watching for your scrap challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!