Friday, September 4, 2015

Can I Get A Whoop Whoop? I Love Bright Colors!

Hi, all!

Friday is upon us once again, and that means it's time to get our whoop whoop on!  Are you ready?  After much hard work, a lot of seam ripping, and some speedy binding, I am!  So let's get started!!

*&*&*&*&*&*&*

A few weeks ago, I asked Christa Watson, who blogs over at Christa Quilts, if she would let me review her upcoming book, Machine Quilting With Style, on an upcoming Wednesday book review post. I was so excited when she said yes!!

But I was even more excited when I saw the fabulous quilts in the book - so much so that about halfway through, I got on-line and ordered some fabric to make one of them!  I'm not going to show you the front yet - I'm saving that for Wednesday's post - but I'd like to show you the back of the quilt today!


Aren't those colors fabulous?  
The black just makes them sing!


Unable to decide what single color to use in the bobbin, I used a rainbow variegated thread on the back of the quilt - 
and I love the results!


Just look at all that gorgeous color and texture!


I can't wait to get it out of the dryer and see if it's as snuggly as it looks like it will be.  Come back on Wednesday to see the results - and the front of the quilt!  It's a stunner!

So that's what I'm happy dancing over this week -
can I get a whoop whoop?

*&*&*&*&*&*&*

And now it's your turn!

What's making you whoop it up this week?


What's got you doing a happy little dance?

Share - because we want to dance right along with you!

Let's have a party!!

The linky will remain open until Sunday midnight - 

Hope to see you there!

Hugs!

Sarah


16 comments:

  1. Sarah, using rainbow variegated thread in the bobbin was a brilliant decision! I thought that was the front of the quilt, it looks so great! Whoop whoop for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The back of the quilt could easily be the front, I can't wait to see what the front looks like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the results too! What a stunning quilt! Can't wait to see the front!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cheated and watched you work on this on Facebook - LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That back is stunning! Can't wait to see the front.

    ReplyDelete
  6. the quilt is gorgeous! I started a postage stamp quilt as a leader/ender and I can tell it will soon be the main sewing machine quilt that I am working on - now it has become something more than a leader/ender

    ReplyDelete
  7. The back is gorgeous! can't wait to see the front. The quilting really adds wonderful texture and I love your choice of variegated thread,

    ReplyDelete
  8. The back is beautiful and I bet the front is too! I bet Christa's book is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like brights too! I like the lovely quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! That is one gorgeous quilt back. I'm in love with your quilting with the variegated thread. It really adds some fun and texture!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the backing and quilting. Can't wait to see the front! Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love that rainbow thread! And the back is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love it. ARe you sure it's a back? It's stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sarah, this quilt is gorgeous, and we haven't even seen the front yet! I love the thread and quilting. I am wearing a smile now because this quilt just makes me happy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh that is awesome and it's only the back! I love the rainbow thread and the pebble quilting looks fantastic 😀

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!