Friday, January 2, 2015

Can I Get a Whoop Whoop? New Year, New Opportunities!

Hi, all!

Happy New Year!!  And welcome to our first Whoop Whoop Friday of 2015!!



Now, I don't have a sewing or quilting finish this week, or even a complete finish, but I do have something I'm whooping about!



I have MINIONS!!!  Well, actually I only had them for a few days, but they really helped out in the sewing studio!  My sister pressed and folded scraps, so the bins that looked like this...


…now look like this!


Hooray!!  They were stuffed full and no room to put any more scraps in them - now there's room to spare, and they're ready to cut into strips and squares!  My niece got started on that project, but it's up to me to finish, since she seemed to think she needed to go back to Canada to work on her doctorate...

And while they were doing that, I cleaned up the shelves behind my sewing/cutting table...


and the yardage storage shelves!  All refolded and organized!


But in the interests of keeping it real, here's the other side of the sewing room - still a total wreck!  Poor Jolene says she feels like a clothes hanger rather than a quilting machine!


And then today, I took a break from the sewing room and spent some time cleaning out junk in the attic so my husband could put together a cold-weather man cave!  I pulled out a huge amount of trash...


and another huge pile of stuff to go to Goodwill!


Oh my goodness, there's a FLOOR in there!


OK, so that's what I've been working on this week!  
Can I get a whoop whoop?

Oh, and we celebrated two big anniversaries in the past few days - my daughter and her husband celebrated 
ten happy years...


And my husband and I celebrated 
our 36th anniversary on January 1st!


Check out the ruffles on that tux shirt - hot stuff!!

*&*&*&*&*&*&*

OK - Now it's your turn!

What are you whooping about this week?


What's got you dancing the happy dance?

Share - we want to dance right along with you!!

And it's always more fun to celebrate with friends

The party stays open until Sunday midnight - 

Hope to see you there!

Hugs and Happy New Year!

Sarah



24 comments:

  1. Sometimes having a clear out is the best thing! I like the idea of having minions, could do with a couple of those. They could have been trimming all my HSTs today for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, if only those minions were traveling minions ... a couple of days here, a couple of days there ... imagine if every quilter could have a couple of minions for a day or two. Sounds like a good idea for a quilty group ... spend a day or two in each quilter's sewing room. What fun ... and how productive!

    Happy belated anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You certainly had a productive few days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been slowly working on organizing and clean out but now I see the problem, I need minions!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on the anniversaries! Decluttering seems to be a theme here in blog land lately. But it's one I'm doing to.

    ReplyDelete
  6. you have been busy - cleaning out on attic or basement can be hours and hours of work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Anniversary! Your minions were productive!

    ReplyDelete
  8. 36 years! That's certainly something to celebrate! Happy Anniversary and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy New Year! And Happy Anniversary, 36 years, congrats!! Sewing room is looking awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your sewing room has a lot of progress made...bet it feels great! Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think that's the best kind of Whooping this time of year! Nothing like a dash of organization and new floor space to fill to ignite creative juices! Especially when minions help!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy New YEar! And wow - what minions you have! That is awesome!!! COngratulations on your anniversary too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy New Year AND Anniversary and minions are always good to have around! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Whoop! Whoop! It feels so good to get the sewing room cleaned out! I am also cleaning out my sewing room, rearranging furniture, folding fabric onto comic book boards (300 yards so far!), hanging shelves, etc. The goal is to get the fabric out of my clothes closet so I can store clothes there. {GASP!}

    ReplyDelete
  15. I cleaned my space this week - felt SOOOO good. I don't have nearly as much fabric as you did, so I didn't enlist any Minions! Your space is looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I need to clean out my sewing room. You inspired me....i cant stand when i store stuff under my quilting machine. And i see you do too. I gotta unveil mine as I do have a quilt to quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well, your room/studio is half-way neatened. It looks fabulous. I especially like all the ironed scraps in the bins. Can I borrow your minions?

    ReplyDelete
  18. I would love to have some Minions of my own,
    You were a lovely bride. That tux was certainly the height of fashion.

    ReplyDelete
  19. No Whoop Whoop here, except my cough is finally clearing and I'm on the road to recovery! But, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!! Love the ruffle shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, great productive time with those awesome minions! Congrats to you & hubby and your daughter & SIL on those anniversaries! Hubby and I celebrated our 38th in December - who said teenage marriages can't last? LOL Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love cleaning out and organizing! Glad you had some help with it. Now you can get to work :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Definite Whoop-Whoop - minion power and attic space. :D We've never had a "real" attic to be able to use. Happy New Year, and Congrats on your anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Those are some nice milestones. Congratulations to you both! Ah, minions. They did a great job! The only ones I have work outside in the yard (chickens). Wouldn't trust them in here. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh minions were truly good to you but poor Jolene needs some loving. Happy belated anniversary.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!