Friday, August 1, 2014

Can I Get A Whoop Whoop? Summer's Drawing to a Close...

Hi, all!

I don't know about your part of the country, but in Tennessee school is getting ready to start up again - signaling the end of summer!  Lilli is very anxious to get back to school - she will be in first grade this year.  She's had good summer, but is ready for something new and different.  Emmy and I will be back to a more normal schedule, and working on all kinds of new words and skills (like potty training!)  

*&*&*&*&*&*&*

This week has just flown by - staying busy working on the tail ends of the fundraiser!  I've finished two flimsies - here's the first one…


Made using parts of two beautiful Fresh Cottons jelly rolls...



and I love it when I can get a "stained glass" shot of a flimsy!  Those colors are so luscious and soft.

I was planning to show only a teaser shot of the second flimsy…


But then I noticed something as I was looking at the quilt hanging on the line.  Something wasn't quite right  And I decided, in the interest of keeping it real, I should share the picture with you!



Needless to say, I did a little "frog stitching" this afternoon!  Everything is where it should be now!

I'll be quilting these early Friday morning, and hopefully they'll be off to their new owners, winners #5 and #6 of the fundraiser giveaway, by early next week!

*&*&*&*&*&*&*

And…


that little FedEx envelope is the adoption dossier headed to the US State Dept. and the Chinese Embassy! Whoop whoop!!

*&*&*&*&*&*&*

And I want to share a cute little picture I found this week - it really spoke to me and how I was feeling about all I had on my plate this week…


I can just imagine God saying that to me each evening!

*&*&*&*&*&*&*

I've shared what I'm whooping about this week -

Now it's your turn!

What's making you smile today?


What's got you dancing the happy dance?

Share - we want to dance right along with you!

Remember, it doesn't have to be a finish - 
just whatever makes you happy!

The party will stay open until Sunday midnight.

Hope to see you there!

Hugs!

Sarah



21 comments:

  1. Tee Hee, oh sweetie - you aren't the only one who has done that. It seems like we never had a Spring, Summer here was cold, windy and rainy - now we are already heading into Fall with Winter not too far behind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. summer has been flying by and no heat wave in sight still - how lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehehe. I did a bit of that oopsie sewing, unsewing and resewing myself this week but since it is a secret project I can show it. And I literally sucked in my breath when I saw that Fed Ex envelope. I so know how that milestone feels. Keeping my fingers crossed for the next step to happen quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Finished my quilt (the one entered today) inspired by one of your previous posts. Thanks so much for your continued inspiration and yes summer is flying by and it's cooler here than usual. Funny weather!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarah - those are such great flimsies! I LOVE the colors and fabrics and patterns you chose! Been there, done that on getting the pieces places wrong, LOL. I am adding a prayer to help wing Nathanael's adoption packet to those embassies! I added my I Love Lucy piece to your party - thank you for being our host!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it! Keeping it real! I think its a gorgeous quilt and even with the little 'oops'...its perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love when bloggers are honest about their missteps! :) And I adore your "stained glass" photos!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the oranges and yellows, I am going to have to make a quilt in those colors.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sarah... busy sewing so will try to link a post this afternoon if I make the progress I think I will :) LOVE LOVE LOVE that you mailed off the adoption papers!!!! Your dd and her husband will have sweet Nathanael soon I hope. I know the process can still be long at this point though... congrats on getting a grand SON! Love all your flimsies.. even the one that needed a bit of frogging! lol Thanks for sharing.. hope all your quilt winners will cherish their quilts forever! Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Sarah...I always enjoy Friday's at your blog. Your flimsies are wonderful and I love this week's happy dance!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am swooning over the Fresh Cottons quilt!! That is my absolute favorite Fig Tree line and have been trying to find the prints, a nearly impossible task as the aquas are long gone!! When I was a teenager, I wanted to dance like Molly Ringwald in the Breakfast Club!! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My goodness, you are one fast quilter! I am so impressed by how quickly you've gotten all of these done. And they all look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your OPPs, made me smile. We all done that, and thank heavens we can fix it, most of the time.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well, thank goodness you caught that little oops before you quilted it. That kind of thing happens to me all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on some wonderful finished flimsies. I finished a flimsy today but then I'm good at finishing flimsies - I need to get busy on finished quilts. LOL Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for hosting. I am now a follower!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are working quicly! Your quilts are lovely! Thanks for the party!

    ReplyDelete
  18. It's interesting when you look at your quilt through the eye of a lens what you can see. Lovely quilts. Visiting from FIUF.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I did lots of frog stitching this week, too. Not fun, but, necessary at times.

    ReplyDelete
  20. It's amazing how one thin Fed Ex envelope can make a major change in life. It's wonderful news to know the adoption process is one step closer. Thanks for sharing the ant picture/quote. I think it's something we all need to remember.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!