Monday, June 30, 2014

Make-A-List Monday - Pretty Good, Considering!


Hi, all!

It's Monday again - almost July - where has the year gone?  Summer is flying by too fast to catch!  Last week was way busier than I thought it would be, so I didn't get everything done, but I did make good start, considering! Let's see how it went...

1.  Finish the door prize quilt top.
Done!  I just love how this turned out - here are some pics!


Look at that texture!

And the back is made from some great
fabric I picked up at IKEA!
2.  Quilt at least two quilts for the high school mission team to take to Hurricane Sandy survivors.
Done!  The first was one sent for Hands2Help by Ann X from Latvia, and the second is a Rita orphan block special, I think!  Rita quilted the last one - another of her orphan block specials.  its deserves a big whoop whoop - she quilted about fifteen quilts on the mid-arm at church while I was on vacation!  







3.  Keep up with all ministry needs that arise.
Done!  This beautiful quilt went to a gentleman who had some pretty serious complications from gall bladder surgery.

Don't you just love my photography assistant?
She has such a sense of humor...

4.  Buy or order fabrics for the girls' annual quilts.
Sort of.  I have the focus fabric for both quilts, and I have a general idea of what I want to do for the rest of the fabrics, just have to find them!

5.  Make outfits for the girls using this pattern.


Isn't that adorable?  And it has sizes for both Emmy and Lilli!
Nope.  I have the fabric for both outfits, but haven't gone any further than that.  

6.  Score some storage items for the quilt room at church at IKEA!  We scored this great new storage for the quilt room - there's actually two sets like that, with one knee hole and three doored cabinets - and I need some storage bins to put in them to make them most useful.  We'd like to get rid of the scrap bins that sit on top, but need new storage that fits in the cabinets to hold those fabrics.

Done! I got a big pile of those wire baskets you can see in the left shelf area, and some big cardboard banker's boxes that fit in the cabinets below.  I've eliminated many of those tubs on the top already but there's plenty more organizing to do!!  No pictures yet, though…  I forgot!

So, not too bad for a week that disappeared on me!  And here's what I'm going to be working on this week…

1.  Work on a table topper for a special event.

2.  Work on those outfits for the girls!

3.  Quilt at least two more quilts for the high school mission team to take for Hurricane Sandy survivors.

4.  Keep up with any new quilt ministry needs.

5.  Do some cleaning and organizing in my sewing studio..

I'm going to stop there, because I think that may be all I can get accomplished this week - it's another weird week with the holiday and my husband off work for a couple of days.  So I'm going to try a more reasonable list.

And now the question is - - - what are YOU working on this week?

Hugs!

Sarah

12 comments:

  1. hexies, quilting on my Dear Jane, cutting tumblers - reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's more on my Lone Star, my latest UFO. It takes me about 2 hours to get a background square or triangle sewn in! But at least I've reduced the time and no longer have to un-stitch. Have 3 more triangles, then on to border blocks. Not nearly as busy as you! I'm with you...where did June go?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely quilts - and assistant. Glad to see you post a shorter list, especially with a holiday in the mix - you need time to relax. I'm working my small monthly projects this week - they take less time and then will be ready for mailing out after the holiday. Yes - the year is going by too fast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! You had done a marvelous job on my top! Hope it will put a smile on receiver's face.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute photo assistant!
    I'm ripping out the quilting I did last week. Just didn't like the wobbly lines that were supposed to be straight. Also working on a top secret paper piecing block for someone special.
    Starting a collaboration with Shay from Quilting in my Pyjamas - we are going to FMQ together on the 4th. Stop in and give us some advise. There will be a fabric giveaway, too.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to see Rita worked her magic on my orphan blocks. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am trying to finish up removing the finish on a treadle cabinet, sewing a quilt for a Vet, quilting truck fabric into a quilt for my grandson, and trying to stay cool. There is so much more I would love to do,

    ReplyDelete
  8. I forgot to ask about the door prize quilt. Did you sew all the little pieces into strips or did you sew long strips and then cut them up into columns? It is just stunning and I love this look. I have lots of strips.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have a lovely holiday. I know I am looking forward to another day off with the hub.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That door prize quilt is amazing - I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes, I love your photo assistant. She is great. The door prize quilt is fabulous! Good luck on this week's list.

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow, love the riot of color in quilt #1! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!