Monday, March 17, 2014

Make-A-List Monday - Hands2Help & Other Things!

Hi, all!

Happy St. Patrick's Day!  Hopefully you've been able to sew on something green today, and avoid getting pinched… my husband tried to pinch me this morning, saying that my green t-shirt was really gray.  I think he needs to get his eyes checked!  



Just in case you haven't heard, signups for the Hands2Help Charity Quilt Challenge began yesterday.  You can click here to go back to the signup post - there's a giveaway for all who signup!  I hope you'll join in the fun!  More than 35 folks have signed up already…

By the way, Carol over at Fun Threads is offering a free pattern each Monday for Hands2Help participants - this week it's her Giant Rainbow Heart pattern.  Hop over there and get your copy!  It will only be available free for one week.

And now, it's time to see how I did on last week's list….


1.  Straight-line quilt the camo Hunter's Star quilt.
Done!  I don't have pictures of the finished quilt yet (it was gray and nasty all day here) but here's a pic of Tommy with the pieced top…




2.  Custom quilt the butterfly quilt.
Done!  It hasn't come back to me after binding for photos yet but hopefully I'll have some on Friday...

3.  Straight-line quilt the baby star quilt.
I didn't get to this one - too many other things came up!  Good thing there's not an immediate need for this quilt!

4.  Deconstruct the t-shirts.
Not yet!  I thought I'd get to them yesterday, but answering email related to the H2H Challenge kept me busy!

5.  Put the laminated border on the Singer 99 case.
Done!  I think it looks really cute...



6.  Cut the pieces for two baby granny-square quilts.
Done!  One of these will be for the quilt ministry, the other for my daughter to use as a fundraiser for the adoption.



7.  Write a Working Wednesday post.
Done!  If you missed it, you can see it by clicking here.  

8.  Write the post for the H2H signups!  This Sunday, y'all!!
Done!  Once again, if you haven't signed up yet, I hope you'll click here and join in the fun!



9.  Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that arise.
Done!  Instead of quilting the baby quilt, I straight-line quilted a man's quilt with a fishing theme for a gentleman who was just diagnosed with prostate cancer.  The pictures are downstairs and I'm too lazy to go down there and get them, so I'll post them later!

So I got some of last week's goals accomplished, but not all of them.  Let's see what I need to do this week…

1.  Deconstruct the t-shirts for the commission quilt.

2.  Put together at least one of the pink and gray baby quilts.

3.  Put together a test pieced flimsy to test out Jolene's quilting with.

4.  Work on Jolene's timing with a friend.

5.  Quilt two quilts for ministry needs.

6.  Contact all the H2H participants for their contact info.

7.  Draw a winner for the giveaway (a lot more complicated than it seems, unfortunately!)

8.  If Jolene gets fixed, try to quilt at least two more quilts for the ministry.

9. Keep up with all ministry needs that arise.

That should more than keep me busy!  I don't think I'll be doing a Working Wednesday post this week, because of all the administrative duties involved with Hands2Help.  But hopefully I'll be back on track with that next week!

So now the question is - - - what are YOU working on this week?

Hugs!

Sarah

7 comments:

  1. Love the base for the singer. Now I understand why you painted if first. What kind of paint did you use under the fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your list makes me wonder how you get so many things done in a week. Do you ever stop moving ?~! I am hoping to quilt the only one I have in the pipeline while babysitting an energetic fifteen month old little guy who is fascinated by the machine and wants to be on my lap-not conducive to quilting a twin sized piece.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on the singer case, Sarah! It's too cute for words. The camo Hunter Star is so effective, it's hard to see the stars LOL. Looking forward to a fun week in Pigeon Forge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always love your lists and how you tackle them. Just love what you did with the singer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you had a productive week last week! The addition to your singer is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This week I have my sewing machine back from the fixit boys - so I can sew. That new machine I got, never worked for more than 6" or so, so it went back to the store. (It apparently could fall out of the right threading, by itself! I kept having to rethread and rebobbin it. Never got much done.)
    So I'm sewing on the cobble stone H2H again. Only a couple of rows left to join.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. How did you do that border on the singer 99k machine? Love that! thanks if you can share more :) Kathi

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!