Monday, February 10, 2014

Make-A-List Monday - Caught Up? Maybe...



Hi, all!

I hope you are all staying warm and safe this winter - such strange weather we're having!  At least it's a good time to stay in and quilt, right?

I had another full week without Jolene's assistance, but I'm feeling better about where we stand on quilt ministry quilts.  One of the ladies in our group also has a long arm machine and she managed to squeeze four ministry quilts in between her customer quilts!  I did some straight line quilting (boy, I had forgotten what hard work that is!) and quilted one quilt on the mid-arm at church.  So I think we're pretty close to caught up - a good thing, since we had twelve quilt requests come in since last week!

So let's see how I did on last week's list…

1.  Straight line quilt a bright top for an 11-year old girl.
Done!  I love this quilt… and Michele featured it in her Stunning Stitching Sunday post this week!  Woohoo!


2. Put together borders, back and bindings for four more tops.
Done!  These went to Debbie for quilting so I don't have pics yet.

3.  Write at least one blog post for the new blog.
Done!  Click here
 to read more about this quilt….

4.  Write another section of the book and post on Wednesday.
Done!  You can read all about "Kitting It Up" right here!

5.  Write up a quilt tutorial for a friend.
I still haven't done this, but hope to get it finished tonight!

6.  Do some restoration work on the case of my Singer 99.
I stripped the existing (and very ratty) covering off of the case.  I still need to sand it down and re-cover it…

7.  Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that arise.
Considering how many quilt requests we filled last week, I'd say we handled this one pretty well!

And now, on to this week.  Here's what I'm hoping to accomplish…

1.  Straight line quilt another quilt for the ministry.

2.  Quilt two ministry quilts on the mid-arm at church.

3.  Write the quilt tutorial.

4.  Write at least one blog post for the new blog.

5.  Write another Working Wednesday post.

6.  Start a new Thursday morning sewing group!

7.  Sand down the Singer 99 case.

8.  Make the blog button for H2H 2014.

9.  Start contacting sponsors and guest bloggers for H2H.
(If you'd like to sponsor or be a guest blogger, speak up now!)

10.  Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that arise.

Well, that should keep me busy! Hopefully New Jersey will get un-snowbound and the part for Jolene will arrive…. but until then, I'm still finding ways to get quilts finished! 

So now the question is - - - what are YOU working on this week? 

Hugs!

Sarah

4 comments:

  1. I think you did quite well with your main machine down. I would like to sponsor H2H again this year. I have two JRs waiting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can be a sponsor. I will get back to you as to the what. More than likely a charm pack or 2 or 3. Gotta check my drawer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sarah, its gonna snow again in NJ so Jolene better hurry on home between storms.

    Looking forward to H2H!!! I have a book or two that I can donate a prize or two...let me check around.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!