Friday, May 17, 2013

Can I Get A Whoop Whoop? While the Kiddies are Away...


Hi, all!

Wow, it has been a busy week!  My little girls have been at the beach on vacation...

  

...and while they've been away, I've been working on big projects!  

First off, my husband decided that he could move his drums out into my sewing room so that I could move my stash and tabletop machine into the same rom that my long arm is set up in, so last Saturday this is what the rooms looked like...


My sewing studio:

As you come into the room...


A better view of my worktable...

And the view from behind the sewing machine.

And the drum set/quilting machine room:

A long view of the room...
Miss Jolene...

...and the drums!

And here's what they look like now, after a whole lot of moving and organizing!

My "new" sewing/cutting table,
with lovely new level pedestals!

The stash wall, after much needed organization!

Miss Jolene now stands over lots of scrap storage!
No sense in all that wasted space!!

And of course, the new drum room!
It's still not quite finished, but it's so much better than it was!  I've got a bit more organizing to do, and Lilli's craft room looks like a bomb hit it - she's not going to be happy about that, so I'd better clean it up before Monday!  But I'm loving my new space and can't wait until I have a chance to sew in it...

But that's not all!  On Tuesday, I hired my friend's teenage kids to come over and help me muck out the garage!  (My gift to my husband for Father's Day...)

Before...





...and after!




Honestly, I don't think I knew there were countertops in that shop area!!  It's hard to tell from the photos, but there's lots more floor space available now.  We took a full pickup truck load to the Goodwill, and another one to the dump.  My hubby's going to move his Bowflex down to the garage so he'll have a whole little workout area there with that and the treadmill - and now there's room for it!  The garage stays pretty cool most of the year, so it's a good place to work out.

And then yesterday I spent the day making baked goods for a local non-profit's bake sale - three dozen muffins, a three-layer cake, a derby pie, a loaf of Karen's awesome banana bread, and a loaf of peasant bread!  Whew!  But now it's done...

So that's what I'm whooping about this week - a very productive (if non-sewing) week!!  

*&*&*&*&*&*&*

And now it's your turn!

What are you whooping about this week?

What's got you dancing the happy dance?

Share - we want to dance along!

The linky party will remain open
until Sunday night -

Be there or be square!

Hugs!

Sarah

PS - I'd love it if you'd visit my entry for the Blogger's Quilt Festival, too - the story of a great group quilt made by my church's quilt ministry!!




27 comments:

  1. Sarah you have done an amazing job organzing so much space in your house... how nice for the kids to be having fun at the beach while you and your hubby get things in order at home! LOVE that :) Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Your space looks so organized! Amazing!

    -Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job consolidating all your sewing in one room!! That will be SOOO much better for you! Garage looks super too so I know your hubby must be happy about that. Well done all around!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Sarah, maybe I'm just missing something (which is possible) but I don't see how to link up this week. :). Thanks!!

    -Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lucky you to have such a great sewing space! Enjoy your free time while the kids are away.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cleanup job and now everything has its place. You should be very proud of yourselves!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful sewing space! And you did a great job of organizing it and your garage, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow and Whoop Whoop, you have been so busy, fabulous transformations :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are amazing! An energizer bunny! I hope some of it rubs off on me. Love your new organized room!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great sewing space! You have been busy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow!!! That had to take some time! You are welcome to come visit here....

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very nice spaces! I love your wall colors in both rooms. Does your husband's drumming set a rhythm for your quilting? (No matter where in the house a drum kit goes, you still hear it everywhere, right?)

    Cute pictures of the girls on the beach!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the new rooms! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  14. My, you've been busy! Love your new spaces and organization!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sarah, I am worn out just reading about all that work! How wonderful everything looks and oh, how you will both enjoy having neat spaces to do what you love. Great job(s)! WHOOP!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice looking new rooms for both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great job on all the tidying and organising! My sewing space could do with a reorganise too but I just can't find a shelving unit that I like, and is affordable! That's my excuse anyway! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Well the cleaning is fabulous, but I think those girls of your deserve the whoop whoop. They are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Can you come do my studio next?

    Yours looks fabulous. Can't wait to see what wonderful things you make in your new organized sewing space!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You've been busy! How nice to have everything together. I really love your wall colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, you got even more organizing done than I did this week! Awesome job, Sarah, it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow, lucky you - what a great sewing space you have now! The drums look like they belong in their new home too. You're having a real spring clean there!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love touring sewing rooms:) What a wonderful win - win for both of you!! Nice father's day gift too.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Look at those girls...posing...Lily just gets cuter every time I see her.

    I am loving your new sewing space. Such organisation!! Wonder how long it will stay that way haha.

    I am whooping about something very special..I graduated with my Masters in Nursing this week and went to Wellington for graduation. Will blog about it later in week.

    ReplyDelete
  25. OH WOW! I bet you are tired today! Put your feet up for the rest of what's left of the day and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Amazing! I adore each and every one of the quilts. Isn't the one with the Ikea backing just a treat?

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oops! Wrong post...looking at 5/24 post...

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!