Friday, February 3, 2012

Can I get a Whoop-Whoop?? Everyone needs a little chocolate....

Hi, all!


Friday rolls around again - and it feels like spring here in Middle Tennessee!  The sun is shining, the daffodils are blooming, and it's absolutely gorgeous outside!  I don't know how long it will last, but it sure is fun while it's here!  It makes me happy when the weather's pretty - how about you?


I'm going to share an in-progress quilt today - I managed to get the top pieced this morning, and hope to get it quilted before the end of the weekend.  We had a request for a brown and teal quilt, more modern than traditional...




...so I thought I'd use the chevron quilt design by Crazy Quilt Mom again.  It's such a wonderful quilt design - easy and quick!  




And as you can see I had my little photography assistant back today - and she had an umbrella!  Of course, it's an absolute necessity on a pretty sunny spring day!


So that's what I've been working on this week - 
how about you?

Link up and show off your projects!

And don't forget to share the love

and check out everyone's links!!

Whoop whoop!!!

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

And just a reminder - there's still time to participate in the scrap block challenge (you can read about it here) and be in the running for some great giveaway items!!

Hugs!

Sarah

20 comments:

  1. I think this is the pattern my SIL wants to do next. Such a simple pattern, but so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are such bright colors with a bright little helper for a sunny day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great... love those colors! FYI... box went in the mail yesterday :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great chevron quilt. I am also a stay at home Nana to my two grandsons, 5 and 3 (as of yesterday). I anticipated hours of sewing in the afternoon while they napped. NOT! But we have a great time cooking and playing outside. We are in eastern NC and have had a very mild winter so lots of time outside.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The teal and chocolate are great together - quite an impact. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool pattern and quilt! Love your little assistant! It's hard to find good help now a days!
    Thanks for hosting!
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a neat design! The quilt looks so pretty hanging in the sunshine.

    Glad your assistant could put in an appearance as well. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great pattern! Love the colors too! I live just east of you in Lebanon and blogged yesterday about the amazing spring-like weather. It was so nice to get out and enjoy the outdoors again! Isn't it wonderful?!? I'm so glad we're on the home stretch to spring!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this quilt and thanks for linking to this pattern, I've wanted to try a new way of doing the zig zags!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The quilt is fabulous and your little assistant very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your quilt is wonderful. I love the sun shining through it! (Your assistant is precious!)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the colors, oh and the pattern too. I'll have to revisit that pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your quilt! Thinking maybe I need to make another using this pattern as well. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous quilt, with one of my favorite color combinations! I think I may have to do one of these myself. Lilli and her umbrella are looking cute!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ah yes, the indispensable fashion accessory - a big colorful umbrella.
    I need to make one of those chevron quilts. It's really a pretty one you have going there!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Sarah, what a gorgeous, bright quilt. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the color combo and it's looking awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So glad your assistant was in the photography mode today. You 2 make great pictures together!

    Love the chevron quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the colors you chose for your chevrons.

    And your assistant is adorable. I remember dancing around with my umbrella when I was her age. Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  20. i LOVE that quilt in brown and teal. it's fabulous!!! thanks for your kind words about my pattern. :)

    thanks for linking up to finish it up Friday!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!